Welcome to JOYFUL REFLECTIONS. Also welcome to MARCH!!!! My header picture this month is a photo I took of the pretty Crocus blooms in our yard... The Crocuses and Daffodils are the first signs of spring here in Tennessee. I am definitely ready for SPRING...

Monday, April 27, 2009

A Special Day at our Favorite Place


As most of you know by now, Fall Creek Falls (here in TN) is a very special place to George and me. On April 21, 2001, he took me to Fall Creek Falls for the day. We hiked and talked about our love of waterfalls. He took me to dinner at the State Park Restaurant. BUT--the best thing that happened that day was that I received my FIRST KISS.... Woooooooo---was I excited!!!!
Both of us call April 21st the day that we 'really' fell in love. I think we knew that we loved each other before the 21st---but that was the DAY that we actually talked about it. I feel as if that day was the beginning of our lives together. Hence you can see where our love of waterfalls began also!!!!
This being said, we have gone back to Fall Creek Falls on this date almost every year --just to remember that special day in 2001, and to profess our love to each other there. This year was no exception. We were on our way home from Texas on Tuesday, the 21st. SO--of course, we took a little side trip--and went back to Fall Creek Falls. Above is a picture of us taken by some nice lady near the Cascades last Tuesday, the 21st. More pictures of the park and our day there are below. Click on them to enlarge them.



It was a beautiful day in Tennessee --- especially after we had had all of those horrible storms while we were in Texas.




Of all the times we have been to Fall Creek Falls and taken pictures, I don't think I've ever taken a picture of the creek above the falls . The sun was hitting that creek last Tuesday ---so I took a picture showing the water pouring down toward the top of the waterfall. Nice, isn't it????




The water flows swiftly down that creek and over the rocks into a big bowl and pool at the bottom. This is only one of 6 falls in this park. This one is called Fall Creek Falls and it is 256 feet high.




The small waterfall next to Fall Creek Falls is named Coon Creek Falls.




This is the area where we had our first kiss. NOW that area is called George Hole. I just had to take his picture there ---since they OBVIOUSLY named that area after 'my' George!!!! HA... Ya think???? (We really don't know where the name "George Hole" came from! That sign is fairly new.)




This is a small man-made dam near George Hole.



Above the dam, the water was calm. Near this area there are picnic tables and a huge grassy area. Aren't those rock formations gorgeous on the other side?




This is the creek below the dam... It flows downhill and heads toward a couple more of the state park waterfalls, the Cascades and Cane Creek Falls.




This is a side view of Cane Creek Falls -----and it is always one of my favorites ---because there was a RAINBOW just for George and me!!!!! Gorgeous, huh?????




Here's one last picture of this crazy-in-love couple---who fell madly in love in 2001----and love each other MUCH MUCH more now!!!!!

Hugs,

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Betsy, Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures of such a special place for you and George. The rock formations especially are so pretty and what a blessing to capture a rainbow on your special day. The photos of you and George are so sweet. I wish you both a very happy week.

Kim said...

Lovely waterfall pictures. Love the rainbow pic and the one with George near the George sign! It sounds like you two had fun there. Such a pretty place.

Cedar ... said...

Nice! (with big smile for you two!) Those rocks tell quite a story,.. all underwater in the past. Do you know anything more about the geology of that area?

Jane said...

Good morning Betsy - what a wonderful, romantic post! Glad you guys are still so in love - that is refreshing in a world that is weary of divorce due to bad choices!

Jane

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Good morning Betsy, The pictures are lovely but the story is wonderful...when love happens the second time around its just magical...I know firsthand and it knocked my socks off..totally --so "Here's to you" with all the good wishes in the world...
thanks for sharing...

RA said...

What a romantic place for this great memory! A nice coincidence that now there is even a spot called George Hole. I wish you and George even more joy and blessings in the upcoming years. Hopefully me and my husband will look as happy as both of you in these lovely photos.

Hugs from Indonesia :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

You two must be the most romantic people I know. I love how you celebrate you love each day...and especially on your anniversaries!!!
Gorgeous pictures.
xoxoxo
Suz

Shelley said...

You two look so happy and deliriously in love! I love it! Very inspirational! And I love seing your special place - just gorgeous!

Arkansas Patti said...

Wow, I can feel the warmth from here. You two are so lucky to have each other in your lives.
Even the park recognizes you thought I do think it should be Geroge and Betsy's Hole.

Peggy said...

Beautiful place for a special kiss for a beautiful couple!

Beth said...

What a beautiful place Fall Creek Falls is! And how wonderful that it is such a happy place for you and George, Betsy. It's so nice to see two people so much in love.

amelia said...

What lovely pictures. Especially the one of Fall Creek Falls. The water looks especially lovely in this pic.

Lovely sentiments too!!

Dorothy said...

Wonderful pictures and story. You picked a pretty place to fall in love. At least it's better then mine....I fell in love with Jeep at the funeral home!!! He kids around saying that the funeral home is a good place to pick up women! Crazy guy!

Pigeon said...

Wow, Your waterfall pictures are amazing and I love the picture of the rainbow. I just love hearing all your romantic stories too. :)

Carol Murdock said...

LOVELY post Betsy!
When my children were young and the boys playing baseball, we would always take the ball team to Fall Creek Falls after the season was over. All the parents went and we'd have a picnic, swim in the
Falls pool and play a game of ball,
parents against the kids! My oldest son saved a young child from drowning there once.
Your post brought back some very good memories! Thank you!

Carol

Susie said...

What a sweet, sweet story Betsy. I love how you guys go there every year.

I enjoyed these pictures much!

Have a wonderful day! I'm off to work!

Connie said...

I love all your waterfall pictures, but these pictures are postcard perfect. Especially that first one above the falls. What a romantic place to fall in love.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

After that I feel like adding: And they lived happily ever after!
Such a lovely couple and a perfect setting for love to blossom.
Blessings,Ruth

Rose said...

Betsy, I love this place. Wish I could see it in person. And that one shot above the man made dam--I would love to try fishing there!

Day4plus said...

Thanks for the gorgeous pictures.
You two look SO happy. A special place for a special couple. Many, many happy days for you all. MB

I Am Woody said...

What a great day! Your special day will forever be in my memory bank. The 21st is my sister's and her husband's birthday!

Femin Susan said...

that a sweet story.Love the way which you go there every year. enjoyed seeing the pictures too.
Have a wonderful day.
cheers!

penny said...

Betsy, your blog is wonderful. I enjoyed all of the wonderful waterfall photos. My hubby and I also like waterfalls and hiking. Thanks for the journey!

Diane AZ said...

What a wonderful post, Betsy! That rainbow picture is awesome and I love the ones of you and George. Thank you for sharing your delightful experiences and pictures.

Anonymous said...

You two always make me tear up! I love your stories & your pics, especially the waterfalls. I really like that photo of the area above the dam - That's beautiful!

Have a great week & GOD Bless!

Jen said...

That is too funny about Goerge Hole!
As often as you guys go there, you should make and take a Betsy sign too. :)

SmilingSally said...

I'm so glad that you found each other.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

This is one of my favorite places to travel also. What beauty , it's breathtaking !
Great pictures...you had fun, it shows !
I haver left you something on my blog...
Hugs

Jessica said...

You guys are so adorable!

Dave's Bird Watching Blog said...

Great pics, Betsy! That would be an excellent one to visit...gotta get up there sometime!

Mandy said...

What a great tradition you have of celebrating that special day each year!

Great pictures and the falls are so beautiful!

Mandy

Diane said...

You two are a very special couple and thank you for sharing this lovely blog.

Mary said...

I can see why you love this place! Both beauty and wonderful memories! I'm definitely going to plan a trip to your area. I love that shot of the falls showing the drop to the river. I hope you and George have a lot more great visits to George Hole :-) and the falls!

Cicero Sings said...

So glad you found such a peach of a guy. You two look exceedingly happy. No wonder you "fell in love" in a setting like that!

Leedra said...

Great post, naturally love the last photo of the 2 of you love birds. The 3rd photo of your post (the one with the creek above the falls) is absolutely gorgeous.

Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra

Pat - Arkansas said...

How wonderful that such a special place for you and George is also a beautiful spot. Love your waterfall photos.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Only God can create beauty like this. You can look at rhe pictures of the two of you and see the love you hold in your hearts for each other...m.

Wendy said...

What a heartwarming and touching post! Remembering your first kiss. Isn't it special? Ha! It even happens to us "old folks". O.K. not so old, but when you were a teenager, didn't you think anyone over 21 was old???

Hubby and I had our first kiss in the car. He surprised me! Of course, we knew we loved each other and I was old-fashioned enough to wait for him to begin. This was June 1996, so you see, love is even better when you're "older." LOL!
Love the waterfall pics, especially the one with the rainbow.
Hugs and blessings,

EcoRover said...

Nice hike, incredibly beautiful waterfall.

lola said...

Dear Betsy, and now we know the rest of the story. so nice that you 2 love birds go back to where it all started. That makes it even more special.
Loved the pics. as waterfalls always fascinate me. Makes one wonder where all that water is coming from & where it is going.

Cassie said...

Wonderful waterfalls. You and the hubby look so cute together. Isn't it grand to be in love in the second half of our life?! God is so good.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Betsy: What a neat place to revisited. A hole named after George in a special place. Boy, you really have some pull with the waterfall crowd.

Joy said...

How romantic. What a beautiful place to spend time. I completely understand why you love it.


Joy

Anonymous said...

You know..I remember exactly how I met my husband, but not the exact day....I will have to think on that...hmmm.....Michelle

Anonymous said...

You two are such a romantic couple. It was fun seeing the falls and celebrating your love with you.
Donna

Connie said...

I love the pictures of you and George together, Betsy. Such happy smiles! Looks like you had a wonderful time. :)